Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Northern Crescent


I had spent more than twenty minutes or so following elusive Northern Crescents around the meadow, trying to keep one in sight while I walked in circles and backtracked many times; then just when I thought one must be at rest somewhere right ahead of me I would see it, or another, in a different location. I finally gave up and went for a walk along the railroad tracks when I saw suddendly saw one lying there in the grass alongside the roadbed. It even fluttered it wings for me. Finally, I was able to get a couple of pictures of it.

5 comments:

Joe said...

Great shots. It takes patience to capture these shots.

Mary said...

Once again...Ann staggering in circles in the meadow chasing butterflies :-) It always makes me smile to think of you that way! Just like a butterfly to torture you so, and then settle down when you aren't expecting it to and make it easy for you.

Geraldine said...

I am amazed that your photos are taken in NB. I had no idea that such a range of butterflies lived in Canada. We are in BC btw.

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

2sweetnsaxy said...

You sound more patient than I am. Of all the times I've been out I've only been able to photograph one. I don't see many but the few I have, I gave up trying. :-)

Unknown said...

Such awesome photos!